- 1.Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the onions on a sheet pan and then the sliced peppers.
- 2.Slice the sausages down the middle making sure to not cut all the way through.
- 3.Place the sausages back on the pan with the peppers and onion.
- 4.Drizzle the olive oil over everything and then sprinkle the oregano, salt and pepper over the vegetables and sausages. Toss well to coat everything and then place in the oven.
- 5.Bake for 35 minutes making sure to mix everything on the pan around about halfway through cooking.
- 6.While the peppers are in the oven make the sauce. Place the ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire and pickle juice in a small pot. Mix well and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes. Let the sauce cool.
- 7.Once the sausage and peppers are ready, place one sausage into a french roll. Top with some peppers and onions, add some bbq sauce then tuck in.
- 5 Italian Tuscan or pork sausages
- 1/2 large onion sliced
- 1 red, yellow and green bell pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Salt & pepper
- 5 soft french rolls
For The BBQ Sauce
- 250 ml ketchup
- 5 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp pickle juice