Crafted Meats is committed to maintaining your privacy.
When we refer to “personal data” we mean any information about you which is personally identifiable like your name, address, car registration number, payment details, telephone number or e-mail address.
Any reference to “you” or “your”, means you as a user of our website at craftedmeats.co.uk (“Website”). References to “we”, “us” or “our” are to Crafted Meats Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales.
This policy only applies to the collection of your personal data by us and the use of that personal data by us and those whom we authorise. It does not cover third party websites to which we provide links, nor does it cover advertisers. They may have their own privacy policies and/or terms and conditions of use. We encourage you to review those policies if available when you visit those sites. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
By accessing and continuing to use the Website (as applicable), you accept the terms of this policy. If you do not agree with any of our policy then you should not use the Website.
Customer And Recipient Personal Information
To ensure that we can communicate effectively with both customers and recipients, it is very important that you provide accurate personal information.
During the checkout process, we ask for the following personal information:
- Customer’s email address
We use this information to provide a better customer experience by sending order confirmations, substitution information, dispatch confirmations and delivery confirmations. We will also use the customer’s email for marketing communications from time to time. Please ensure that email addresses are accurate.
- Customer’s full name and address
We use this information for credit and debit card validation.
- Customer’s telephone number
We use this information to contact customers in the event of problems with the order such as payment failures or delivery issues and to send a delivery text message.
- Recipient’s full name and address
We require this information in order to deliver the products you have ordered. It is vital that the recipient’s address is accurate. We will also use the recipient’s name and address for marketing communications from time to time.
What Information Do We Hold About You And How Is It Collected?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and the fulfilment of your orders;
– Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use and order goods from our Website, subscribing to our mailing list or requesting further goods or services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our Website.
– If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys / feedback forms that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
– Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
– We may collect information about your computer or other device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
– In addition, in common with many other online services, we may use “cookies” or other devices to store and sometimes track information about you. This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our Website and also allows us to improve our Website (see the section entitled “Cookies etc” below).
How Do We Use Information About You?
We use information about you to help us provide you with a more personalised service which is tailored to suit your needs. Your personal data may be used by us to:
- Process any orders you may make and/or provide services including processing payments;
- Monitor, develop and improve the Website, goods, services and your experience;
- Ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or device;
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Allow you to participate in any interactive features of our Website when you choose to do so;
- Keep our Website safe and secure;
- Notify you about changes to the Website, goods or services;
- Process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you;
- Investigate any suspected breach of our terms and conditions otherwise relating to you and to monitor compliance including by way of checking postings or submissions to the Website and using keyword triggers to investigate usage that may be inappropriate; and/or
- Where you are a prize winner, to administer the competition prize and to publish or otherwise make available a list of prize winners.
Where and only where requested by you by ticking the relevant box when you subscribe and/or register with us we will:
- Send you and keep you updated with information by email or mail about existing and new goods, services, promotions and special offers from us; and/or
- Send you information by e-mail or mail about related goods or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you.
If you agree to us providing you with this marketing information, you can always opt-out at a later date. To opt-out of receiving any such communications, you can contact us stating that you do not wish to receive further communications from us in the following ways:
Click on the “unsubscribe” link sent in our email messages and email newsletters;
Send an email to [email protected] writing “unsubscribe” in the subject heading; Or
Call us on 0800 009 6624
This unsubscribe information will also be contained in our email messages and email newsletters.
Where Do We Store Your Personal Data?
Access To Your Information And Amending Your Information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you (unless it is exempt in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998). If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to [email protected]. We are entitled to charge up to £10 to administer such request.
Where you register your details for certain goods and services (for example, our email newsletter) and/or open an account with us that you can then use to log on and order goods, you may change or update your user name and password or other details at any time via your account. You must make sure that you update details as soon as possible with any and all relevant changes.
In this section when we refer to a “cookie” we mean a small data file that is stored by your web browser on your computer or handheld device. Cookies contain a small amount of information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive or storage media on the device used to access the Website. They help us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer or other similar devices and/or other tracking techniques (including unique identifiers for your computer or device).
Cookies that are strictly necessary for the operation of the Website:
Other uses of cookies (where you have consented to such use):
- allow you to carry information across pages of our Website and avoid having to re-enter information;
- within registration to allow you to access stored information;
- help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you return to our Website and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests;
- help us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your last purchase)
- speed up searches; and/or
- within research surveys to ensure you are not invited to complete a questionnaire too often or after you have already done so.
Other cookies outside of our control:
We may use external services such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube, Vimeo or Instagram, to display certain content on our Website. We cannot prevent such websites from collecting information about your usage of their services on our Website, for example, number of plays of a video.
Like many other organisations, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a number of cookies in order to evaluate your use of our Website and enable us to carry out actions including (but not limited to):
- Tracking the number of visitors to our Website.
- Monitoring the number of users on our Website at any given time.
- Analysing popular content on our Website.
Google stores the information collected by these cookies on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using our Website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
See this link for how to reject or delete this cookie: http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacypolicy.html
Find out how to disable/enable cookies by clicking on the “Manage Cookies” section of the Interactive Advertising Bureau UK website on the following link http://www.allaboutcookies.org. You can also refer to the help tab in your browser for more information on disabling or enabling cookies.
What Information Do We Share With Others?
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries and also to our related company, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may pass your information (including personal data) to other parties as follows:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. We will use our reasonable endeavours to inform you of this before the transfer occurs. If you are unhappy with the transfer you may contact us to end the contract and we will refund you any payments you have made in advance for facilities not provided;
- if Crafted Meats or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets. We will use our reasonable endeavours to inform you of this before the transfer occurs. If you are unhappy with the transfer you may contact us to end the contract and we will refund you any payments you have made in advance for facilities not provided;
- we may pass your personal data to our employees and agents to administer the goods and services provided to you by us now or in the future. For example, we may pass your personal data to our suppliers in order for them to provide you with goods;
- some general statistical information about the Website user base, sales patterns, traffic volumes and related matters may be passed on to reputable third parties (such as our suppliers or advertisers) but these details will not include information personally identifying you;
- to check against the Interactive Media Retail Group Security Alert or any Fraud Prevention Scheme. We may also share information with companies assisting in fraud protection or investigation. We do not provide information to these agencies or companies for marketing or commercial purposes;
- to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence or suspected breach of our terms and conditions relating to you or otherwise where required by law and we will co-operate with any law enforcement authorities, government request or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of or locate anyone breaching our terms and conditions or otherwise for the prevention or detection of crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders.
Where we provide your personal data to our suppliers and other companies to assist us in providing our goods and services, we provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than us.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregated information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregated information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
We do not pass or sell your personal information to third persons for any other purpose than those set out above.
Security/how Do We Protect Your Information?
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data. Where possible we use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to allow for the encryption of:
- potentially sensitive information such as your name and address; and
- critically-sensitive information like your credit card number
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section by sending an email to [email protected]. Please note that we will ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Managing Your Information
You may access and update some of your information through your Account settings.
Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information. You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you (and which you cannot update yourself within your Account).
Data Access and Portability
You have the right to request copies of your personal information held by us. You may also be entitled to request copies of personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
Data Retention and Erasure
We generally retain your personal information for a period of ten years after your last active use of our website or app (in line with our legal obligation to keep order information for this duration for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations). If you no longer want us to keep your information, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your Crafted Meats Account. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
a. We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend a Crafted Meats Account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that Account to prevent that user from opening a new Crafted Meats Account in the future.
b. We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
c. Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g. log records) may remain in our database but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
Withdrawing Consent and Restriction of Processing. Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you. Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information by Crafted Meats you may withdraw your consent at any time by sending a communication to Crafted Meats specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal.
Additionally, you have the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information, in particular, where (i) you contest the accuracy of your personal information; (ii) the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your personal information; (iii) we no longer need your personal information for the purposes of the processing, but you require the information for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to the processing pursuant to paragraph 7.7 and pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of Crafted Meats override your own.
Objection to Processing and Profiling
You are entitled to require Crafted Meats not to process your personal information for certain specific purposes (including profiling) where such processing is based on legitimate interest. If you object to such processing Crafted Meats will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
The security of our your data is very important to us. With this in mind, we will take all appropriate steps to protect your data and will treat it with the utmost care and attention. We use ‘https’ technology to secure access to all areas of our websites and apps. Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data such as payment card information is held securely by our 3rd party payment providers and tokenized to ensure it is protected. We ensure that our systems are regularly monitored for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by Crafted Meats before the Information Commissioner’s Office. In the UK, please read https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/raising-concerns/ for details of how to do this. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, are required by law to do so or it is required for the provision of our services as detailed above. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You can email us with any questions, queries or complaints at [email protected]
We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and have notified the Information Commissioner’s Office about our data processing activities.