- 1.Combine all of the steak ingredients together and marinate the beef steak for up to 4 hours.
- 2.Combine the taco dip dressing ingredients together. Taste and adjust to your liking if needed.
- 3.Grill the steak on a hot barbecue or under the grill for approx 5-6 minutes on each side. For medium rare, you’re looking for an internal temperature of 58º – 60ºC.
- 4.Remove the steak from the heat and let it rest for 5–10 minutes before slicing.
- 5.While the steak rests, warm your tortillas in a frying pan for about 15–20 seconds per side.
- 6.To serve, cut the steak into 2cm slices. Spread a bit of taco dip on the tortilla, add fresh salad and vegetables then top with steak. For a serving suggestion try with lime on the side, french fries topped with smashed avacado, salsa and fresh coriander. Enjoy!
- 2 flank (Bavette) steak (or substitute it with hanger, skirt, sirloin or chuck)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 an orange, juiced
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of cider vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- 1 handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1-2 tsp of chili flakes (more if you like it spicy)
- 12 mini flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Shredded white and red cabbage, carrot, onion & tomatoes (your choice of fresh salad and vegetables)
- Salsa (optional)
- For the dip combine soy sauce, red wine vinegar, red wine (or water), 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and dried oregano, 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard , pepper and 2 dashes Tabasco (or any hot sauce)