- 1.Fry the bacon in a hot frying pan, then set aside on a paper towel to drain. Crumble when cooled.
- 2.In a small bowl, combine all your ingredients except the minced beef and mix together well.
- 3.Then add those ingredients to a larger bowl along with your ground beef. Mix until just combined. You don’t want to overwork the beef. (The best way is to use your hands!)
- 4.Grab a handful and form into a ball. Then pat down to shape each into patties. To make them cook more evenly form the patty leaving a small hole in the center. As they cook, the hole will close up.
- 5.Grill or cook your burgers on the griddle or under the grill until your desired doneness.
- 6.Assemble each burger with fresh red onion, sliced tomato and for the bun crisp lettuce leaves!
- 900g lean 5% beef mince (makes 8 - 10 burgers)
- 450g bacon (preferably dry-cure)
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ tsp pepper
- ¾ tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp mustard
- ½ tsp paprika
- 125g cheddar cheese, shredded
- Milk, Mustard