- 1.Warm cream in a small saucepan by bringing it to a gentle simmer over a medium-low flame. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring as the cream thickens. Stir constantly to prevent the cream from burning or curdling.
- 2.Add half of the blue cheese. Using a fork, mash and stir the cheese into the cream until a few lumps are visible.
- 3.Once the cheese has completely melted, add the Worcestershire sauce, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- 4.Continue to simmer 3 to 5 minutes more, until the sauce is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon.
- 5.Slowly stir in the remaining blue cheese to incorporate it into the sauce. Turn off the heat and remove the pan from the stove to prevent the cheese from melting completely, which would make the sauce runny.
- 6.Serve immediately over cooked steak while it is still warm and before the cheese has melted, allowing its flavor to seep into the meat just before serving. Enjoy.
- 125ml heavy cream
- 150g crumbled blue cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Milk (cheese)