- 1.Mix together the chicken and marinade with 1/4 cup of coconut milk, then set aside for at least 20 minutes (or overnight).
- 2.Thread onto skewers, around 4 to 5 pieces each.
- 3.Heat 1.5 tbsp oil in a large non stick pan over medium high heat.
- 4.Cook skewers in batches for 3 minutes on each side until golden.
- 5.Place remaining coconut milk and Peanut Sauce ingredients in a saucepan over medium low heat.
- 6.Stir to combine then simmer, stirring every now and then, for 5 minutes.
- 7.Adjust consistency with water - it should be a pourable but thickish sauce.
- 8.Cover with lid and keep warm while cooking skewers.
- 9.Pour some sauce into a bowl. Sprinkle with some peanuts - stir some through if you want.
- 10.Pile satay skewers onto a platter, sprinkle with remaining peanuts, coriander and chilli.
- 11.Serve with a pot of sauce on the side for dipping.
- 600 g / 1.2lb chicken breasts (cut into large cubes)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp white sugar
- 2 tsp red curry paste
- 1 tsp salt
- Coriander and chilli (optional) to garnish
Thai Peanut Sauce
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 185g cup NATURAL peanut butter, smooth
- 52g white sugar
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 185ml water
- 400g coconut milk (1 can), full fat
- 3-16 bamboo skewers
- Peanuts, a small handful