- 1.Heat oil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add sliced mushrooms and stir-fry until they are lightly browned, reduce heat to medium.
- 2.Add cream, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally and watching that the cream doesn’t overboil.
- 3.Once the sauce has reduced by half, add crushed garlic and cook for another few minutes until the sauce turns a caramel golden colour.
- 4.Remove from heat and serve over your favourite meat.
- 150g (5.3oz) button or wild mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 150ml (5 fl oz) double cream
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp (or more to taste) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground sea salt
- 1 tsp cooking oil