- 1.Fire up your grill or oven and preheat to 200°c. If using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for medium-low heat.
- 2.Place minced beef in a mixing bowl, season with Smokey's Pitmaster BBQ Rub Shaker then mix by hand. Form 4, 10 ounce balls, then use a can (any 12oz aluminum can will work), and press the can down the center of each ball, creating a small beef bowl. Press along the sides and roll to create a beef bowl, approximately 3 ½ inches tall.
- 3.Wrap beef with 2 pieces of bacon, then fill with cheese, caramelised onion, and minced jalapeno.
- 4.Set filled burgers in a large pan, then transfer to the grill. Cook for 25 minutes in the pan, then transfer burgers to the grill and cook for an additional 25 to 30 minutes until the bacon is crispy, rotating halfway.
- 5.Remove from the grill, top with extra jalapeño, rest for 5 minutes, then serve.
- 1360g (3lb) lean beef mince
- 8 bacon slices
- 225g Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 white onion, caramelised
- Beer can
- Smokey's Pitmaster BBQ Rub Shaker